Easy Tips and Tricks to Prevent Wrinkling
Wrinkles are creases, folds, or ridges in the skin. Wrinkles normally appear as people advance in age, they can also develop after spending a long time in water.
In this article we shall look at the easy tips and tricks of how to prevent wrinkling but we firstly check the causes of wrinkling before we can talk on how to prevent wrinkling and the treatment of it.
Causes of Wrinkling
We need to know that our skin has two layers:
- The epidermis (the outer layer)
- The dermis (the inner layer)
The dermis is made up of protein and collagen. As we age our body supply less collagen. The collagen is what makes our body elastic and smooth. I.e. less collagen results in saggy skin and wrinkles. The following are the factors contributing to loss of collagen in the body which latter result in wrinkling:
- Sun damage
- Poor nutrition
- Facial expression(laughing, squinting etc)
- Pollution and toxin
- Natural aging etc
Tips and Tricks to Prevent Wrinkling
- Stay hydrated: water helps to rid your body of toxins and Good skin actually start from within. Stay hydrated with water, coconut water and green tea (which is full of antioxidants) is a healthy habit which one can imbibe.
- Ensure you eat a lot of saturated fat: eating saturated fat makes one skin more elastic and more resistant to the oxidative damage from the sun. Sources of saturated fat include: coconut oil, avocados and grass fed butter.
- Take fermented cod liver oil: fermented cod liver oil is full of vitamin and omega 3, it is the best sun protection around, and it the supplement that keeps sun damage far away.
- Avoid smoking: if there are any reason to avoid smoking or quit smoking wrinkling should be one of the reasons.
- Make it a habit to consume a lot of antioxidants: unstable molecules that damage our skin hate antioxidants. Vitamin A, C and E and carotene are all antioxidants. The following are food that contain antioxidants; blueberries, kale, walnut, beans artichokes, cranberries and every fruits and veggies.
- Using non-toxic face cream: to prevent wrinkling the choice of a collagen face cream is very important as many so called face creams contain toxic that damage our skin. These are the moisturizer that one can use which serve as both antioxidant and anti inflammatory. It may not bring changes to all the cellulite overnight but one can notice a great improvement on skin within a month.
- Ensure you have enough sleep: when we don’t sleep our body produces a stress hormone which is cortisol which results in dry skin and wrinkling. But when we get enough sleep our bodies produce skin cells which eradicate wrinkling.
- Use of sunscreen: if one must go out in the sun, the dermatologist says wearing of sunscreen is advisable as it helps prevent skin cancer and wrinkling.
In conclusion, the major cause of wrinkling is exposure to sun. A study shows that reducing exposure to sun time is the best way to prevent wrinkling.